In the past, I wrote an article about plant based chocolate you can find in a regular supermarket. And you know, when easter is coming, you will find also a small guide what eggs you can find, hidden away in the shops. Because… Who doesn’t like chocolate? As I update the post on a regular basis, feel free to check it once and again. And… don’t forget that you can come back here to use it in your own homemade granola.
As you might discover, after I made my granola I used it in two recipes. One is a Chia pudding and another is with pancakes. For the Chia pudding, I inspired from my recipe a nice “Winter Chia Porridge“. But if you prefer pancakes, this was the banana and oatmeal version. [Yes, I also made a pancake recipe without banana’s! It’s coming soon]. And, as a surplus: if you use gluten-free oatmeal, it’s completely Gluten Free.
But, enough said, you might think. And I hope that, when you saw these pictures, you can not wait any longer. So here is the recipe!
- 100 gr oat flakes
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 30 gr maple syrup
- 25 gr Pure cacao powder
- 1 handful of dark chocolate in little pieces
- Preheat the oven (hot air) to 170 °C (heat it up to 180°C when it's a conventional one)
- Melt the coconut oil and mix it with the cocoa powder and maple syrup. Mix until a homogeneous and relatively liquid mixture.
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and add your mixture of oil, syrup and cocoa.
- Mix well, until the flakes are moist.
- Prepare an oven plate with baking mat (or paper) and spread the moist flakes evenly over it.
- Bake for fifteen (15) minutes. Mix halfway through cooking (around 7-8 minutes). Do it quickly and briefly. It prevents the granola from burning.
- Out of the oven, sprinkle it with chocolate let cool. With the oat still warm, it will allow the chocolate to melt. It will give small lumps and texture to the granola.
- Let it cool until completely 'cold' and store it in an airtight jar (sterilized, if possible).
Bon appétit ! Hope you’ll like it and you’ll enjoy trying this recipe. You can find me back here or on my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. Subscribe also to my newsletter to get the latest recipe directly in your mailbox.