If you follow me on instagram, then you have might have seen my various attempts to create the perfect cupcake. I have repeatedly tested, adjusted, tried and tasted recipes. I was looking for a basic recipe that offers you the chance to add extra’s depending on your own taste and preferences.
I tried a first tasting with something from this season: caramelized biscuits (speculoos). I will not further elaborate on the speculoos result here, but you can already look at the (failed?) attempts that led to this success! Because… there were cupcakes that didn’t rise, that came out flat or just didn’t get cook.
- Kitchen aid
- 150 ml plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 28 gr plant based oil like sunflower oil
- 55 gr coconut sugar
- 110 gr baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate for food
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Put both the plant based milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl or mixing cup
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in another mixing bowl and mix everything well together
- Add the oil to the milk-vinegar mixture
- Add this liquid mixture to the dry ingredients
- Mix until a smooth dough
- Fill the muffin tins
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on your oven
Enjoy also the Biscoff butter cream :
- Kitchen aid
- 100 gr plant based alternative for butter important: it needs to be at room temperature
- 200 gr icing or powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Speculoos spread
- 3 biscuits of Speculoos optional
- Mix the butter in the bowl of the kitchen robot.
- Once a creamy butter and a light color, add the speculoos spread and powdered sugar.
- Keep mixing again until you get a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer the mix into a piping bag.
- Decorate your cupcakes.
- For a final touch, it is possible to decorate your cupcakes with speculoos crumble or pieces of biscuits.
Bon appétit ! Hope you’ll like it and you’ll enjoy trying this recipe. You can find me back here or on my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. Subscribe also to my newsletter to get the latest recipe directly in your mailbox.