Who doesn’t like Hummus? For someone on a plant based diet it is an important (part of a) dish to get some good nutritions. It has some healthy fat and lots of proteins. Many people buy it ready made in the supermarket. But what most people don’t know, is how easy you can make your own hummus. And when you want to eat more pure and with less waste, it’s a great opportunity to try it out.
This basic recipe Hummus tastes great in a salad or with some dips at the aperitif.
Hummus In 5 Ingredients
- 1 goblet chick peas (250 gr leaked)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Drain the chickpeas and put the aquafaba (the juice that is also in the goblet) aside.
- Rinse the chickpeas with water. Put them in a blender.
- Add all other ingredients to the blender.
- Mix until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- If too dense, add some water or more aquafaba if you have some left.
- Add some more seasoning if you like.
Everything that is shown and explain on this blog and his social media are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The nutrition values are informatives and may varry.
Bon appétit 🙂
Hope you’ll like it and you’ll enjoy trying this recipe. You can find me back here or on my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. If you post a picture of this recipe on Instagram feel free to tag @vegandfred and #plantbasedminimalist 🙂