Did you know that homemade soy yogurt is better than store bought yogurt and really easy to make? This delicious recipe is ideal when you try to live a zero waste life. You can flavor your yogurt the way you like and sweeten as much as you like. After many experiments and methods, I finally found a recipe that works for me.
You can do so much with yogurt. Yogurt adds fondant to a cake, can be a creamy side when you prepare a curry, can be an alternative to sour cream, etc. You can also enjoy your yogurt in a ‘parfait‘, a trifle, with fresh fruit, muesli, … Yogurt is versatile and now that you can prepare it at home, it is even more economical and ecological.
J’adore voir tes réalisations! J’aime voir quand tu pars de ma recette et que tu l’adaptes à ta façon avec ce que tu as sous la main. Car mes recettes sont principalement là pour t’inspirer et te guider.
Si tu réalises cette recette, dis le moi ! Laisse un commentaire, donne une note et n’oublie pas de mentionner @vegandfred et le hashtag #minimalistvegan sur Instagram. Il me tarde de voir comment tu as préparé cette recette et tes combinaisons.
2-Ingredients Homemade Soy Yoghurt
- Yogurt maker or a Multi-cooker with yogurt function
- Conservation jar
- 100 g commercial soy yoghurt
- 1 L soy milk voir notes
- When homemade, make the soy milk and let cool at room temperature before using.
- Put the commercial soy yogurt (which will function as an "activator") in a bowl and add some soy milk.
- Gently stir to mix the yogurt and milk without over-frothing.
- Gradually add the remaining soy milk and mix gently.
- Divide the soy mixture into jars (or directly into the "Instant Pot" from the cooker). Put the jars in a yogurt maker or the "Instant Pot" with yogurt function.
- Ferment for 10 to 14 hours depending on the texture and taste you desire. Add sweetness and/or aroma before refrigerating. Let it rest in the fridge for 10 to 12 hours before tasting.
- The yogurt can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Do not forget to keep 60 to 120g of your yogurt to use as activator in the next batch. So you can avoid buying commercial yogurt again.
The values are calculated with an online calculator and are used as a reference. They may vary according to the products you’re using.