What are Christmas and Saint Nicholas’ Day without a delicious « speculoos » ? This cookie is a perfect match of your latte or tea on a cold winter day. This recipe took me back in time, I hope it does the same thing for you.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistvegan @vegandfred on Instagram.
This recipe has been translated with an online translator.
The speculoos of my childhood made vegan
What is winter without a delicious speculoos? I’m sure it is a perfect match for your latte, tea, hot chocolate or a nice cup of hot vegetable drink. Take a trip down memory lane with the flavors from our childhood with this easy recipe.
Coût approximatif : 5€
- Oven tray
- Non-stick baking paper
- 500 g spelled flour
- 250 g blond or brown cassonade sugar
- 100 g almond flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp speculoos spices
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp crushed flax seeds
- 7 tbsp water
- 250 g plant based butter minimum 75% fat*
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 5 tbsp almond flakes
- Put the crushed flax seeds in a bowl with the water and mix. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Soften the butter (half melted).
- Add the water with crushed flax seeds ands the softened butter (see half melted). Knead the dough till all ingredients are incorporated (5 to 10 minutes).
- Wrap the dough ball in cling film and put it in the fridge.
- Let it rest overnight.
« The next day »
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Flour your work surface and flatten the dough until the thickness is between 1 and 2 cm.
- Cut the dough into the desired shape(s) and put it on a greased baking sheet (on the baking tray). Repeat until all your dough is ready to bake.
- Brush your speculoos slightly with the soy milk. If wanted, you can sprinkle the almond flakes over the cookies.
- Put in the heated oven and bake for 10 minutes, watch carefully so the speculoos does not burn.
- Keep leftovers (if any) in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
When your dough crumbles when flattening, it helps to knead again by hand and to put it back into a ball before flattening it again. Repeat until the dough is more conclusive when you roll out the dough.
Les valeurs sont calculées avec un convertisseur en ligne et sont données à titre indicatif. Elles varient en fonction des ingrédients que tu utilises.