The perfect cake to survive the fall and to perfume the house. This autumn cake is soft, comforting, subtly spicy, light and delicious.
Whip 150g (2/3 cup) of coconut cream. Put the can of cream in the fridge over night and use the top of the can. Mix with 5 tbsp. of icing sugar until you get a stiff mixture.
Apply with a spatula on the completely cake when completely cooled down. Put the cake in the refrigerator to set the icing.
Pumpkin Spice Bread with speltflour
- Kitchen aid
- Cake tin
- Peel and grate the pumpkin (in a fine way). Put aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice mix in the bowl of the food processor. Mix these (dry) ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and soy yogurt to the bowl. Finally add the grated pumpkin when you start to see a dough.
- Mix at low speed until it becomes a homogeneous mixture. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes (more or less the same time for the oven to preheat).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a cake mold or cover it with baking paper. Transfer the dough into the mold. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the oven. The cake is ready when the tip of a knife comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes in its mold. Then take it out of its mold and continu to let it cool on a baking rack.
- You can keep the cake for 3 to 4 days. It can also be frozen without icing, ideal as a single serving.
The values are calculated with an online calculator and are used as a reference. They may vary according to the products you’re using.