I told about it already on Instagram and here it is: the first “lunch box” recipe. This recipe is easy to make and fits into the Winterseason. Try to make the dressing while your vegetables are cooking: it saves time and it might allow you to also prepare your breakfast (or another meal).
Butternut salad with Brussels sprouts
- A cutting board
- Oven tray
- Reusable take-away box
- 400 g butternut or sweet potato
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 2 tsp squash seed
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Cut the butternut into small cubes
- Cut (all) the Brussels sprouts in half
- Put everything in a baking dish and cook for more or less twenty minutes
- Let it cool a bit after cooking
- Add 2/3 of the hazelnuts into the dish. Crush the other 1/3 of the hazelnuts into smaller pieces. Then sprinkle it over de dish. Do the same with the pumpkin seeds
- When serving, add the dressing you prefer. (The one I used is in the Notes.)
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp. white balsamic
Close the jar and shake everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
The values are calculated with an online calculator and are used as a reference. They may vary according to the products you’re using.