I use this recipe regularly to make plant based milk that I can put in my pastries or coffee. Even though I mostly drink my coffee black or with a special ‘barista’ drink.
Oat drink (or oat milk) recipe
Easy and homemade oat milk
- Food processor
- 110 gr Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 liter water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional, and to taste
- Put the oat flakes in water the evening before you want to prepare your drink
- Start the day after by rinsing the flakes and to put them in a blender
- Then add the water, salt and maple syrup (optional)
- Mix between 30 seconds and one minute (or up to 2 minutes depending on the power of the blender you use)
- Pass the mixture through a clean cheesecloth to have a more pure drink.
If you want to keep the drink, it is best to sterilize your bottle first. Know that you can keep it for only a few days (3 to 4 days) in the fridge. It is difficult to calculate the exact nutritional value since the pulp will no longer be in the drink itself. The values indicated in this recipe is including the maple syrup.
Les valeurs sont calculées avec un convertisseur en ligne et sont données à titre indicatif. Elles varient en fonction des ingrédients que tu utilises.