This recipe was created with my flatmate (Xavier) when looking for a way to use the darkened bananas so we made a plant based adaptation for the famous Coconut Rochers. Arriving at the Almond and Oat Rochers (Rocks),
We are quite happy with the result. It can accompany my other recipe of the banana bread as a great way to avoid some food waste. On the plus, it’s a quick and easy recipe to make.
But I won’t let you wait any longer. Here you find how you can make them:
Easy Almond And Oat Rochers
- Food processor
- 3 darkened bananas
- 170 gr fine oat flakes
- 50 gr almonds
- 50 gr chopped chocolate
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven af 180°C.
- Put the bananas in a (big) bowl and smash the bananas with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together into a consistent 'dough'.
- Create medium sized balls and put them on an oven baking tray. Leave enough space between the balls.
- Let the rocks in the oven for around 20 minutes. But be aware that not all ovens are alike. Try and see if you need some more minutes or the inverse.
The values are calculated with an online calculator and are used as a reference. They may vary according to the products you’re using.
Bon appétit ! Hope you’ll like it and you’ll enjoy trying this recipe. You can find me back here or on my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. Subscribe also to my newsletter to get the latest recipe directly in your mailbox.