When I came home from 3 days away, I found two bananas which had turned completely black. Not stee best to cut them up and use them in my breakfast, so I decided to bake a banana bread. I decided to make it this time with just the necessary fat and no sugar added. And as usual: dairy- and egg-free so 100% plant-based.
It’s perfect to take it to work and let my colleagues taste my cake and I could share the recipe here with you. So, here’s the recipe. My colleagues all liked it and even 2 of them asked for the recipe. It’s easy and fast to make and an « healthy » cake.
Banana Bread With Chocolate
- Kitchen aid
- Cake tin
- 2 bananas well matured
- 1 banana
- 170 gram whole wheat flour
- 60 ml plant-based drink (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150 gram dark chocolate (dairy free)
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees
- Smash the bananas with a fork (I personally like to have some larger bits in the mash)
In a big bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate.Steer properly (That’s what most of the recipes tell you to do. I’m mixing all the dry ingredients into one and all the wet ones into an other bowl before mixing it all together).
- Melt the chocolate using the bain-marie method or in your microwave. Be careful with the last one to not burn the chocolate so keep an eye on it.
- Throw the dough into a cake mould.
- Let it bake for about 30 to 45 minutes and check how it bakes.
Les valeurs sont calculées avec un convertisseur en ligne et sont données à titre indicatif. Elles varient en fonction des ingrédients que tu utilises.
Now this cake, without added sugar, will be the master piece of your coffee break or brunch with friends and family.
Bon appétit ! Hope you’ll like it and you’ll enjoy trying this recipe. You can find me back here or on my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. If you post a picture of this recipe on Instagram feel free to tag @vegandfred and #plantbasedminimalist 🙂