Who doesn’t like pancakes? It’s a perfect way to start the weekend on Saturday morning or for the Sunday’s brunch. Are you in for some dairy-free, egg-free and gluten free pancakes? Let’s cook together…
It’s my first recipe on my english blog, the first of many. As you have probably noticed on my Instagram, I like to keep things simple. In the kitchen, I’m trying to use a maximum of 8 ingredients per recipe, up to 10 spices included. But, I like to keep it natural too but I love to take care of my presentation. We eat with our eyes too.
Let’s go back to the main topic of this blogpost: the recipe. As I said it’s perfect to start the weekend and for Sunday’s brunch but also whenever you feel the need to bake it.
Easy Plant Based & Gluten Free Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300 ml almond drink (or any other plant based drink)
- 100 gram rice floor
- 80 gram chestnut flour
- 20 gram tapioca powder (or cornstarch)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Put the bananas into a blender and blend it roughly.
- Add the plant based drink.
- Blend it again.I prefer not to have a banana-compote, so I try to keep some pieces of the bananas. But if you like it more smooth, you can.
- After blending, put the mixture aside.
- Bring all others ingredients into another (big) bowl and stir well.
- Add to these dry ingredients the blend of banana & plant based drink and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up a pan to bake the pancakes (and add some vegetable oil if necessary).
- When the pan feels hot enough, cook the pancakes for 2 minutes on each side.
- And last, but not least, lets freestyle with the topping. Choose a topping that suits you the best. One you like to eat with pancakes.
The values are calculated with an online calculator and are used as a reference. They may vary according to the products you’re using.